[MPlayer-users] Slave mode - switch_audio does nothing or causes crash

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:54:23 CEST 2007

> Other then a backtrace, does the '#'-switch in normal mode work?
> If not, do you use any audio filter (-af xxxx) at all?

What d'you mean by the # switch? In normal mode, when I'm running the
extracted VOB, I can specify any -sid and I get the English subtitles (maybe
mplayer has extracted only the English when I did the -dumpstream?)

I am using some audio filters - good point, I'd overlooked it. Depending on
the user's settings in my application, mplayer may be launched into slave
mode with audio filters pan, volume (softvol), and soft clipping enabled.

If I hardcode the -aid 128 or 128 into my commanline, I get the anticiapted
result, but then I can't switch audio tracks at runtime - which I need.

For completeness, I'm also using -vo gl:yuv=2:slice-height=0 because of
various interactions the directX output driver has with brightness, contrast
and saturation filters I'm using.

Phil