[MPlayer-users] xorg cpu 100%, depending on display

Mark Rutten markgrutten at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 14 15:22:29 CEST 2007

I am seeing this odd behaviour where if I play a video using mplayer through my TV (connected via HDMI - 1280x720) xorg hogs 100% of a CPU, whereas if I run on a LCD monitor (through a DVI->VGA adapter - 1280x1024), xorg behaves nicely (almost no CPU load).  I'm running an up-to-date Ubuntu Gutsy, with xorg installed from ubuntu packages, the latest nvidia binary driver installed manually and a svn version of mplayer.  I've just been running mplayer -fs and monitoring CPU usage through "top" displayed remotely on another machine.