[MPlayer-users] MPlayer produces "skinny" output with aalib

Bryan Christ bryan.christ at hp.com
Wed Oct 3 23:01:53 CEST 2007

I just upgraded to mplayer-1.0-60_r23482 and video rendered with aalib
is "skinny" and tall (output is about 10% the width of the console).
The problem occurs on Gnome Terminal, the standard Linux console, and
xterm (probably others I didn't test).  Default playback (using VO x11)
works fine.  This did not happen with the previous version of MPlayer.
Unfortunately, I did not capture the version in my notes before I updated.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

Extra details:
Fedora 7
[root at tuxdev ptyterm]# rpm -qa |grep 'mplayer'
mplayer-1.0-60_r23482.fc7
mplayer-fonts-1.0-7.at
[root at tuxdev ptyterm]# rpm -qa |grep aalib
aalib-1.4.0-5.fc7.rf