[MPlayer-users] rootwin gives me no video output in kde 3.5.7

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Oct 2 20:53:00 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 02:47:05PM -0400, Giacomo Comes wrote:
> Does anybody know if there is a way to make (in kde) the desktop window
> transparent, so the content of the root window can be seen?

For xv: set the color to something rarely used otherwise and select that
as -colorkey. xv "luckily" does not care what is on top and what's
below, only what has the right colour. Obviously that is only true if
you still have a card with proper overlay hardware, otherwise
colourkeying is not supported.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger