[MPlayer-users] for John Brown, HG << (HELLP!) Need MPLAYER Windows Expert To Look At This

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 00:56:18 CET 2007

> $ ./configure --enable-runtime-cpudetection --codecsdir=codecs
>
> I get back,
>

> Detected operating system: MINGW32
>
> Detected host architecture: i386
>
> Checking for cc version ... not found
>
> Checking for gcc version ... 3.2.3, ok

You have a really old install of mingw. You might consider starting over
with a fresh install

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-install/

According to some of your messages that you're getting and the version of
gcc you're using, it looks like you have an out-of-date installation of
MingW

> Checking for host cc ... gcc
>
> Checking for assembler
> (c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/mingw32/3.2.3/../../../../mingw32/bin/as.exe
> 2.13.90) ... failed (Upgrade binutils to 2.16.92 or use --disable-ssse3
> etc.)

The above package will give you the latest tested  packages for MingW. And
then  you can build your other dependencies with an uptodate MingW also.

I think the current tested version of gcc is at 3.4.x: 3.2.3 is pretty old.

And if you can get gcc 4.x to install and work, you're further ahead. Then
you can work with multi-threading on windows.

> Error: obsolete binutils version

> thats where it bombs out.  I have one other switch, which I omitted for
> the above compile test..... which didn't work at all.  It was taken
> from that old help file I used,
>

> That is,
>
> $ ./configure --enable-runtime-cpudetection --codecsdir=codecs
> --with-livelibdir=/home/Owner/live
>
> ./configure --help

> The switch --with-livelibdir=/home/Owner/live, returns back "Unknown
> parameter: --livelibdir=/home/Owner/live"
>

> I tried tweaking it to just --livelibdir=/home/Owner/live

Again, run ./configure --help

If you don't see --with-livelibdir in the output, then you won't succeed in
using the option. That's an out of date option: i.e. it don't work anymore
in recent versions.

Again, just copy the entire live directory to /usr/lib and then you don't
have to worry about --with-livelibdir. Besides, that option doesn't work
anyway.

> , but no go.
>

> Working With Package >> live.2005.08.09.tar.gz
>

> MSYS COMMAND >> tar -xvvzf live.2005.08.09.tar.gz
>
> MSYS COMMAND >> cd live
>
> MSYS COMMAND >> genMakefiles mingw
>
> MSYS COMMAND >> make
>
> MSYS COMMAND >> cd
>
> That's good. You did that right. Now just copy the whole live directory to
/usr/lib