[MPlayer-users] (HELLP!) Need MPLAYER Windows Expert To Look At This

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:17:11 CET 2007

> [Unnecessary ffmpeg checkout]
>
> > FINALLY, BUILD MPLAYER.EXE
> >
> > MSYS COMMAND>> cd main
> > MSYS COMMAND>> ./configure --enable-runtime-cpudetection
> --with-codecsdir=codecs --enable-static --with-livelibdir=/home/Owner/live
> > MSYS COMMAND>> make

make

Ah, make.  Make my day.

try make --version at the shell prompt.

If you see something like

GNU Make Version 3.81 or
GNU Make Version 3.80.1 or
anything greater than version 3.79.1, then you're probably going to bomb
using that version of make in windows.

See if you can't find the original 3.79.1 version of make. Or compile the
source from ftp.gnu.org of that particular version and install it in your
/usr/local/ directory: that should execute before your 3.8X make since that
path is searched before the others.

The windows porters of make have never bothered to include what was working
in 3.79.1. Must have something to do with the way the '/' and spaces are
handled.

I don't how many times I've seen this same problem. It pops up all the time.