[MPlayer-users] Windows Problems Compiling, seem to have the right tools

JonY 10walls at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 12:38:01 CET 2007

Nice Contact wrote:
> Hello, can someone please help me understand how to compile MPLAYER RC2
> on Windows XP?
>
> I have what I think is correct, MAKE 3.79.... however, I am stuck.
> However, when I type MAKE from command prompt, I see:
>
> Makefile:7: config.mak: No such file or directory.
> Please run ./configure again - it's changed!
>
> I am not sure what that means.
>
> I have all the source code uncompressed into a folder.  What is the
> command or tools do I need to compile it?  Do I need MingGW?  I
> downloaded and installed MingGW-5.1.3 and created a path to GCC, so I am
> good to go there.. just lost on context and process to get this compiled
> for Windows.  Perhaps I am missing something all together.  Can someone
> pls help me with percise help?
>
> Have a great day & thank you :-)
>
> Thank you kindly in advance for any answers.

Hi,

Its a bit confusing for first time users who are used to the GNU
autotools. The Makefile you saw was more or less a stub.

You first need to run configure, which checks your compile environment,
in this case MingW, for libraries and headers to create config.mak. Then
you can run make to proceed building MPlayer.

To see a list of options for configure, type "./configure --help" while
in the MPlayer source folder.

Hope that helps.