[MPlayer-users] how to compile MPLAYER RC2

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 05:51:33 CET 2007

> ./configure --enable-static --prefix=/opt/mplayer
>
> That is not a Windows XP shell command...

That's true. You need to run it in the MingW shell from the main source
directory of the extracted tar.bz2 file (That's more linux for you).

> this is Linux, or

This is a linux style command because mingw is a linux emulation running in
a Windows Environment.

> am I missing something here? :-)

You're missing experience with Linux.

> Also, if present version of RC2 is impossible to compile for Windows XP,

It's quite possible. It compiles in Windows 98, Windows NT4, Windows 2000 ,
and Windows XP. Haven't tried Vista

completely within Windows XP then maybe this is where I am confused. :|

You need to read the mingw HOWTO found on mplayerhq's site. You don't have
to understand everything. The HOWTO should make it possible for someone with
little or no experience with linux to compile mplayer.

Here. Here's the link.
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/contrib/MPlayer-MinGW-Howto.txt

*If you search for wisdom as you would search for gold or for silver, then
you will find wisdom.*