[MPlayer-users] FW: Mplayer problem with opening folders

Mon Nov 26 13:13:30 CET 2007

If you wish to reply to this message, don't forget to keep him in CC

----- Forwarded message from The Directory <q101100111000 at graffiti.net> -----

Hello:

I use Mplayer for Windows XP, both the command line and the GUI version.
After using MPlayer for a while, I discovered that Mplayer could not
open
directories that were named with non-english characters.
I had a folder named "&#30005;&#24433;"&#65292;and some RMVB files
inside.
Mplayer could not access any of the files inside.
At first I thought that Mplayer did not have the RealVideo codecs
neccessary
to open RMVB files, but when I moved the files out of the directory and
into
some all-english named folder, Mplayer could open it.

Please fix this problem, and allow MPlayer to open all folders,
regardless of
the folder labels' language.

One more question - Is the RealVideo capability actually derived from
the
extra codecs pack, or is it derived from a RealVideo installation in the
computer?  I have RealPlayer installed in my computer, so I can't tell.
Most open source players just have a DLL to hook them with the actual
RealPlayer, so they depend on an existing installation of RealPlayer.

Also - the synchronization of video and audio seems to be a bit off when
play an RMVB file.  Please fix that.

Can Mplayer play filestreams and live radio broadcasts from the
Internet?

Thanks
Please reply,

----- End forwarded message -----