[MPlayer-users] Is there any way I can point mplayer directly to an IP address + port?

cga2000 cga2000 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 04:18:09 CET 2007

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 05:43:20PM EST, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 05:30:34PM -0500, cga2000 wrote:
> > Strange.
> >
> > I repeated the same exact motions with the
> >
> > http://.../..?id=fvivace -> fivace.js -> fvivace.asx -> mms://url
> >
> > and this didn't work:
> >
> > I'm getting a "404 not found" error.
> >
> > Obviously, I'm doing something wrong.
>
> Yes. That station uses a different streaming provider:
> http://www.tv-radio.com/station/vivace/vivace-64k.asx
> I'd recommend you just use firefox,

I do not have firefox and no HDD space to waste to install it.

> then on that page press CTRL+i,

But, I do have seamonky installed & I tried the CTRL+i method you
recommend but then this causes a minuscule window to pop up...  and as
luck would have it ..  I am not allowed to resize it.

Shades of Microsoft Windows, I guess ..

:-(

Naturally the pop up window being so small .. I can only visualize part
of the links .. Yes .. it's very useful ..

:-O

Anyway, I don't have the time to go any deeper into gui advocacy.

I wgot the link above and found the url I needed.

:-)

I am very grateful for all your help and I just can't think (since this
appears to be a publicly funded radio station) why these flaky idiots
do not give out the links in the first place.

I'm sure your have more important things to do than reply to silly posts
from ignorant people like me.

Thanks much.