[MPlayer-users] mplayer rc2 mencoder sound problems

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Nov 22 03:15:29 CET 2007

When I encode a DVD with mencoder, it works just fine - until I try to
play it back.

The video works fine, but the audio restarts every time you pause or skip.

It's most likely my ancient mencoder script; could someone please update
me on the correct incantation for the current mencoder?

VF=pullup,softskip,hqdn3d,crop=$CROP
OFPS="24000/1001"
AVILANG="-alang en"

mencoder dvd://$TRACK  -dvd-device /dev/sr0 \
                -vf $VF -ovc lavc -oac lavc \
                -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:turbo:acodec=mp2:aspect=$ASPECT:vbitrate=$BITRATE \
                -ofps $OFPS $AVILANG -o $TITLE-$TRACK.avi

       mencoder dvd://$TRACK  -dvd-device /dev/sr0 \
                -vf $VF -ovc lavc -oac lavc \
                -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2:acodec=mp2:aspect=$ASPECT:vbitrate=$BITRATE \
                -ofps $OFPS $AVILANG -o $TITLE-$TRACK.avi

Thanks,

--Yan