[MPlayer-users] SVN r25017 Crash on H264 broadcasts with PAFF encoding

Steven Ellis lists at stevencherie.net
Wed Nov 21 02:00:42 CET 2007

> Steven Ellis wrote:
>> We have just started DVB-T tests here in NZ and they have been using
>> PAFF encoded H264 for the interlaced streams. I've been writing up my
>> testing with mplayer at http://www.mythtv.co.nz which has details on the
>> tests to date.
>>
>> My build of MPlayer is a couple of days old - dev-SVN-r25017-4.1.3 - and
>> at present crashes after a frame or two with the following errors, and
>> there is a full dump of "mplayer -v" at
>> http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/images/h264/clip1.out
>>
>> [h264 @ 0x88bcaf0]warning: first frame is no keyframe
>> [h264 @ 0x88bcaf0]warning: first frame is no keyframe
>> [h264 @ 0x88bcaf0]Internal error, picture buffer overflow
>>
>> I've been able to reproduce the problem with 4 sample files, a mix of HD
>> and SD streams. Also these streams play under windows using both CoreAVC
>> and PowerDVD.
>>
>> Now I'll try and re-run the test with a full uptodate debug build of
>> mplayer tomorrow, but for the moment I'm open to some general pointers
>> on possible issues with the PAFF code.
>>

> I've now had a chance to rebuild against dev-SVN-r25122-4.1.3 with debug
> enabled.
>
> The gdb output is available at -
> http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/images/h264/clip1.debug.out
>
> Also the config.mak file is here -
> http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/images/h264/clip1.config.mak
>
> I've uploaded a file "clip1.ts" to the ftp incoming directory along with
> a file clip1.txt containing a verbose run and a debug run.

Just found someone on the ffmpeg mailing list with the same issues who
provided a patch to mpegvideo.c

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2007-October/037292.html

Playback is still less than perfect, but now I get a different error
rather than the crash

[h264 @ 0x86a46b0]Interlaced pictures + spatial direct mode is not
implemented

Steve