[MPlayer-users] SVN r25017 Crash on H264 broadcasts with PAFF encoding

Steven Ellis lists at stevencherie.net
Tue Nov 20 21:57:06 CET 2007

We have just started DVB-T tests here in NZ and they have been using
PAFF encoded H264 for the interlaced streams. I've been writing up my
testing with mplayer at http://www.mythtv.co.nz which has details on the
tests to date.

My build of MPlayer is a couple of days old - dev-SVN-r25017-4.1.3 - and
at present crashes after a frame or two with the following errors, and
there is a full dump of "mplayer -v" at
http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/images/h264/clip1.out

[h264 @ 0x88bcaf0]warning: first frame is no keyframe
[h264 @ 0x88bcaf0]warning: first frame is no keyframe
[h264 @ 0x88bcaf0]Internal error, picture buffer overflow

I've been able to reproduce the problem with 4 sample files, a mix of HD
and SD streams. Also these streams play under windows using both CoreAVC
and PowerDVD.

Now I'll try and re-run the test with a full uptodate debug build of
mplayer tomorrow, but for the moment I'm open to some general pointers
on possible issues with the PAFF code.

Steve