[MPlayer-users] avi muxer vs. lavf avi muxer

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Mon Nov 19 17:19:30 CET 2007

I was looking about using libavformat's avi muxer with
mencoder instead of the native avi muxer. It looks to me
that libavformat does a better job, but there are two
mencoder's options that are still not working with the
libavformat avi muxer:

-noodml
(making difficult to play 1-2 GB avi files with players
that do not understand ODML)

-force-avi-aspect
(this option is very useful to fix the broken
aspect ratio of many avi files without reencoding them).

I don't know if these two missing features are already in
the TODO list of somebody, if that's the case please
consider this message as a simple reminder :-).

Ciao
Giacomo