[MPlayer-users] Mplayer with ffmpeg2theora and others software

ZikZak zikzak at tele2.fr
Sat Nov 17 07:55:27 CET 2007

Pierpaolo Gull?a a écrit :
> Hi guys ,
>
> I have a trouble with mplayer , stdout and fifo
>

> I have one files , for examples /root/file.avi , i don't know the
> command for read this file with mplayer and put its output in /dev/stdout.
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Hi have this need because I must to create a pipe with ffmpeg2theora and
> oggfwd.
>
> This script works very well with /dev/stdout-in
>

> The second possibility it's to put the output of mplayer in a fifo file
> (it's already exist).
>
> There is this possibility?
> What's the syntax?

Hi,

I use this to encode into OGG Theora with MPlayer:

rm -f stream.*
mkfifo -m 660 stream.yuv
mkfifo -m 660 stream.wav
mplayer -ao pcm:fast:file=stream.wav -vc dummy -vo null -quiet test.avi
 > audio.log &
mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg -ao null -nosound -quiet test.avi > video.log &

encoder_example -n 6 -m 1 -k 30 -v 7.7 -a 2 stream.yuv stream.wav -o
test.ogv

encoder_example is available in the examples folder of OGG Theora. I do
not know if there is a precompiled package.

Best regards
--
ZikZak