[MPlayer-users] mplayer unable to correclt displays utf-8 characters with accents

mmodem00 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 19:12:00 CET 2007

Em Sunday 11 November 2007, Vitezslav Kotrla escreveu:
> Zé píše v Ne 11. 11. 2007 v 16:40 +0100:
> > My fonts are fine, theres only problems with mplayer
>
> Do you have line
>
>    utf8=true
>
> in your mplayer.conf? (Also you can use -utf8 option when running
> mplayer from command line.)
>
> Vit

if in ./mplayer/config i enter:
utf8=true

it displays utf-8 subtitles ok.

But if in gmplayer config window in subtitles tab i enable the option "Unicode
subtitle" it that doesnt put gmplayer displaying utf-8 subtitles ok, neither
if in "Encoding" field i select "Unicode"m so continues being needed to fix
gmplayer (mplayer).

--
Zé
Linux user #378762