[MPlayer-users] Compilation problems in rc3

robert w hall bobh at n-cantrell.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 21:06:52 CET 2007

the earlier problem with rc2 and in.h still persist into current
svn/rc3, and recompiling libdvdnav has not helped. By disabling the
various dvdnav  options as indicated by the OP for rc2 I next get to
another problem, in dca.o (from make -i)

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:62381: Error: value of ffffffffffffff79 too large for
field of 1 bytes at 00000000000033ae
make[1]: [dca.o] Error 1 (ignored)

I've seen this occur in earlier years, but can't remember the work around.

The system is a partially-updated slack 9.1.0

and it compiled rc1 OK.

Bob