[MPlayer-users] How can I stop mplayer from buffering my audio?

Stefan Thomas moon at justmoon.de
Thu Nov 8 10:16:39 CET 2007

Ok, makes sense, but if I just remove those options I get no sound at
all, because mplayer no longer even considers initializing any audio
whatsoever.

While mplayer is running in this way however I can enter this on a
different console and I'll hear sound:

arecord -f dat -D hw:2,0 | aplay

So the snd_usb_audio device is outputting. It's just not getting routed
to my sound card. Do you think a custom .asoundrc could fix that? Should
I be asking on the ALSA mailing list?

Cheers!

Stefan