[MPlayer-users] gmplayer displays just a crop of an mp4, sample file

Larry Reznick lreznick at idistream.com
Wed Nov 7 16:29:08 CET 2007

John Brown wrote:
> Kevin DeKorte wrote:
>
>> John Brown wrote:

>>> Mine doesn't (r24986, 2007-11-06 20:44:41 -0500)
>>>
>> I have MPlayer dev-SVN-r24980-4.1.2 and the essential codecs installed.
>>

>> ESDS MPEG4 Decoder Specific Descriptor (34Bytes)
>> ESDS MPEG4 Sync Layer Config Descriptor (1Bytes)
>> -> predefined: 2
>> Image size: 320 x 240 (24 bpp)
>> Display size: 320 x 240
>>

> According to Quicktime, the size is 640 x 480.
>

>> [swscaler @ 0x8887770]SwScaler: using unscaled yuv420p -> rgb32 special
>> converter
>> *** [vo] Allocating (slices) mp_image_t, 640x480x12bpp YUV planar,
>> 460800 bytes
>> *** [vo] Allocating (slices) mp_image_t, 640x480x12bpp YUV planar,
>>

> I also get these last few lines showing 640 x 480, but it shows only the
> top left quarter of the movie.  It must be a Windows problem.

I had r24983 and it was playing only the upper quarter, so I upgraded to
the latest, which is r24986 already mentioned. It has the same problem,
showing only the upper quarter of the movie. Trying vlc v0.8.6c plays
the whole frame. This does not appear to be a Windows problem. I'm
running Fedora Core 6. I've attached output from MPlayer using -v and,
if it'll help, the vlc message output. Both MPlayer and vlc announce the
640x480 slices.

--Larry