[MPlayer-users] Fwd: Cannot install MPlayer PLEASE HELP

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:09:51 CET 2007

Andrew Savchenko pisze:

>>> is the package exactly named "glibc"? If so, it usually only
>>> provides runtime libraries, you need the development version.

>>> I just did a quick search on google and found that is is named
>>> "glibc-devel", you should install that.
>> No.
>> The packages names are:
>> libc6
>> libc6-i686
>> libc6-dev

> This highly depends on your distribution.
> For FC-based ones they are named glibc-*.

> Glibc itself is definitely installed on his system, so perhaps he
> must look for glibc-devel, glibc-headers and glibc-kernheaders.

There are no such things under Ubuntu. It's as I've posted.
Search for:
libstdc++
linux-libc-dev
Then it's all what's related to glibc under Ubuntu.

I think that it's better to look at MPlayer complation web advices since
I've installed only what's mentioned there and my compilation is working.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/