[MPlayer-users] Fwd: Cannot install MPlayer PLEASE HELP

Paul Morris thepaulmorris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 00:25:50 CET 2007

Attached configure.log file this time around :-)

Hello all! I am having some serious problems with mPlayer and streaming all
internet radio stations!!! First and foremost I am running Gutsy. I followed
the installation instructions to the 'T" on the first page of this post (
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=558538) and my first wall that I
hit is when I do ./configure I receive the following

./configure
Detected operating system: Linux
Detected host architecture: i386
Checking for cc version ... 4.1.3, ok
Checking for host cc ... cc
Checking for cross compilation ... yes
Checking for CPU vendor ... AuthenticAMD (15:72:2)
Checking for CPU type ... AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50
Checking for kernel support of mmx ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support mmx.
To use mmx extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your kernel!
Checking for kernel support of mmxext ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support mmxext.
To use mmxext extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your
kernel!
Checking for kernel support of 3dnow ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support 3dnow.
To use 3dnow extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your
kernel!
Checking for kernel support of 3dnowext ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support 3dnowext.
To use 3dnowext extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your
kernel!
Checking for kernel support of sse ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support sse.
To use sse extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your kernel!
Checking for kernel support of sse2 ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support sse2.
To use sse2 extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your
kernel!
Checking for kernel support of cmov ... failed
It seems that your kernel does not correctly support cmov.
To use cmov extensions in MPlayer, you have to upgrade/recompile your
kernel!
Checking for mtrr support ... yes
Checking for GCC & CPU optimization abilities ... CPU optimization disabled.
CPU not recognized or your compiler is too old.
error
Checking for assembler support of -pipe option ... no
Checking for compiler support of named assembler arguments ... yes
Checking for assembler (as ) ... ok
Checking for .align is a power of two ... no
Checking for Linux kernel version ... 2.6.22-14-generic, ok
Checking for -lposix ... no
Checking for -lm ... no
Checking for langinfo ... no
Checking for language ... using en (man pages: en )
Checking for enable sighandler ... yes
Checking for runtime cpudetection ... no
Checking for restrict keyword ... none
Checking for __builtin_expect ... no
Checking for kstat ... no
Checking for posix4 ... no
Checking for lrintf ... no
Checking for mkstemp ... no
Checking for nanosleep ... no
Checking for socklib ... no
Checking for inet_pton() ... no (trying inet_aton next)
Checking for inet_aton() ... no (network support disabled)
Checking for network ... no
Checking for inttypes.h (required) ... no
Checking for bitypes.h (inttypes.h predecessor) ...
Error: Cannot find header either inttypes.h or bitypes.h. There is no chance
for compilation to succeed.

Check "configure.log" if you do not understand why it failed.

I checked the configure.log and I am not familiar enough with the Linux
language yet to fully understand what the issue is. So what I did (out of
frustration) I ignored the error message above and continued on with the
installation. I can get MPlayer to open both from Applications and from
Terminal, the skin works and all. Now I have the MediaConnectivity plug-in
installed for Firefox and it is setup to have gmplayer be the player for all
file types. When I click what should be an internet radio station, lets take
NPR for example I receive the following error:

Failed to open icy-url:http://www.shoutcast.com. When trying to open a
sirius channel, MPlayer opens and I receive a similar error. I installed all
of the codecs per the instructions on page 1.

Prior to this installation attempt I installed MPLayer from Synaptic and I
was still unable to play any internet radio streams, all other forms of
sound work, videos, CD's systems sounds, etc. Except for streaming video and
radio. I am wondering if the issue I am having getting streaming media to
work is related to the same issue I am having with Sipie. If anyone isnt
familiar with Sipie (ignore the last sentence) Sipie works perfectly except
for sound!! This all is very frustrating!! To the point that I am
considering re-imaging my laptop and I really don't want to!! Anyone that
could possibly help it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank You,

Paul

*EDIT*
*I ran mplayer from terminal using the command mplayer (stream location) and
this worked. When I ran the command gmplayer (stream location) I still
receive the errors stated above. So I guess this can be a temporary stopgap
but any insight would be appreciated on the issues I am having.*