[MPlayer-users] windows build?

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 22:14:26 CET 2007

> If I use make-3.79.1, I can build non-debug version fine even with live
> and
> directX and I can stream live video as well. But with CFLAGS='-g -pipe',
> make
> fails:

We really should be throwing these bug reports back to the make developers.
I don't know where or how the make program bombs, but I would think a good
test for a Windows version of make would be if it could compile mplayer or
ioquake3.

Apparently, somewhere after 3.79.1 something was left out or changed in the
win32 branch.

mratin at MRATIN-WXP /c/temp/MPlayer-1.0rc2
> $ export CFLAGS='-g -pipe'
>
> mratin at MRATIN-WXP /c/temp/MPlayer-1.0rc2
> $ echo $CFLAGS
> -g -pipe
>
> mratin at MRATIN-WXP /c/temp/MPlayer-1.0rc2
> $ make
>
> <snip>
>
> gcc -g -pipe -I./libavcodec -I./libavformat -Wdisabled-optimization -
> Getting NASM might help?

Yeah, that looks like a nasm problem: mmx registers .  But  you'd have to
install it and try. Don't know enough to tell you for sure.

I just run
./configure --disable-shared --prefix=/mingw
make
make install

for nasm

If you rename it, you can also use it for Visual Studio:)