[MPlayer-users] audio stutter with DTS in matroska?

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 01:18:55 CET 2007

2007/11/2, Vladimir Mosgalin <mosgalin at vm10124.spb.edu>:
> Hi Steven Adeff!
>
>  On 2007.11.01 at 15:06:31 -0400, Steven Adeff wrote next:
>
> > > DTS audio cd is not supported by mplayer.
> >
> > darn =(  I'll look for an avi with DTS to test then.
>
> Well it may be not supported, but it works, and works very good (for
> quite a long time, I must say). So don't hesitate to pick a track from
> audio cd.

Certainly it support decode the dts by libdca, but for passthrough,
probably not by hwac3.
I ever has a patch for ./libmpcodecs/ad_hwac3.c to detect all 4 kind
of DTS streams, but not commited. Current hwac3 only support 48kHz DTS
passthrough, you can find "DTS: Only 48kHz supported, REPORT BUG" in
that file. DTS cd or wav probably is 44.1kHz, so the passthrough will
failed.
But you can force the audio format to lpcm to passthrough the DTS cd
or wav, that works because the external decoder normaly can decode
such dts stream without the passthrough work from hwac3.

Steven, since your AC3 play is no problem, maybe you can give me a
sample for your problem DTS mkv. And also, try to add '-v' to mplayer
commandline and grab the output message here to see whether any
abnormal thing happens.

--
Ulion