[MPlayer-users] mplayer doesn't play smoothly after system update

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Wed May 30 09:50:43 CEST 2007

Frank Potter wrote:

>I like mplayer very much, and I don't want to use any other players. It
>played very smoothly before, but yesterday after I run "yum -y update" to
>update everything on my system, mplayer didn't work well any more.
>
>It doesn't play smoothly now. Whenever the movie has some fast moves,
>obvious flicker can be noticed. And whenever I set mplayer to full-screen
>mode, it doesn't display clear at any moment, seems like it doesn't do any
>antialiasing in full-screen mode.
>
>What am I supposed to do now? Does someone ever meet across the same problem
>with me? How can I diagnose it? Thank you all, I posted this question on
>fedoraforum but I didn't get any solutions, so I come here.

maybe post some details? we are not magicians.
Anyway I noticed that recent Xorg releases seem to have
some remarkably slower xv drivers than previous releases
(maybe it's your case, too)

 Sponsor:
 Monitor LCD 17” 160€ - Cdr Memorex da 0,16€ - Multifunzione Canon 63,94 € - Stampa foto digitale da 0,06€ – Custodia dvd da 0,11€. Questo e molto altro ancora su atomicshop.it
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6578&d=30-5