[MPlayer-users] asf streaming data from camera

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue May 29 19:52:26 CEST 2007

I am using "mencoder http//camera -oac copy -ovc copy -o file.asf" to
take data from a camera
with limited connections and store into a file.

I then wrote a very short program that will listen for connections on a
port and
send that data out to connecting mplayer's and show the camera data.
This works until then
second connection is made.

I always want new connections showing current data not starting from the
beginning of the file.

The second connection never syncs up and shows the video.

How might I get the second, third ,etc... connections to start showing
current video. Some header or
something? I thought streaming data is streaming data... It would just
do that...

I looked at ffserver and it is all file based from what  I can tell. I
need to be able to control all
this from the command line. I will have more that one running. I now I
can specify different config
files on the command line also but again, I want all this to happen
automatically and wont be
editing config files to change the where the data is stored, how long,
what port etc...

Thanks for any tips.

Jerry