[MPlayer-users] Keeping up with live input?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Mon May 28 08:31:00 CEST 2007

I have an application that processes data from a video camera.  While
doing so, it needs to display the current video image on the monitor.
I'm finding that mplayer tends to slip behind the action, so what we
see on the screen is a few seconds behind the image currently being
processed.

I've spent a lot of time investigating the situation.  Just skipping
forwards doesn't help, because mplayer is liable to hit an EOF and
stop.  I've been through the man page several times, but there doesn't
seem to be an obvious way to catch up.  Can anybody help?

Greg