[MPlayer-users] to change sleep time between frames

Pramod Reddy Patlolla qkpramodreddy at gmail.com
Mon May 28 06:26:04 CEST 2007

> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 10:35:24 +0200
> From: Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] to change sleep time between frames
> To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests, bug reports"
>         <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
>
> On Fri, 2007-05-25 at 21:46 -0500, Pramod Reddy Patlolla wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I need to change sleep time between frames for one of my project.
> > Can any one tell me the file name where I can change the code.
> > Thank you
> > Pramod
>
> hi pramod
>
> by 'sleep time between frames' you mean the time, that each frame is
> displayed? if yes, just use the -fps flag:
>
> mplayer -fps 10 yourmovie.avi
>
> whereas <fps>=1/<sleep_time>
>
> roman

Hi Roman,
You are right I need to display a frame for a particular amount of time.
Based on the display time of frame the video play rate changes. My project
requires to change this every 2 secs.
The goal is to send a video file and a text file(containing fps to be
displayed every 2 secs) as input. Based on the text file data the video has
to be displayed. The video which has been shot is taken from a moving
vehicle with GPS readings. So this video which has been shot also has data
containg moving vehicke every two seconds. By changing  fps every two
seconds the video displays equal length of ground every second.
I tried sending 'fps command' using mplayer slave option, because of delay
in sending the command every 2 secs I am not getting desired results. The
other options is to change the display time of frame every 2 secs
internally.
I would appreciate if you could help me find the mplayer code where the
display time of frame is done.
Thank you
Pramod