[MPlayer-users] Video Output to OpenGL Texture Memory

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun May 27 19:40:26 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 05:27:43PM -0700, Bill Dwyer wrote:
> Is it possible to have mplayer output video directly to opengl texture
> memory for use in another process? Every -vo option creates visible output,
> but what I really want is to use mplayer in slave mode as a backend to an
> opengl gui.

Why and how exactly do you want to do this? Does your environment share
OpenGL contexts across processes? Do you need to know the texture that
MPlayer saves into (very problematic, MPlayer can use up to 3 together
with a special fragment program just for the video, plus lots more for
the OSD)?

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger