[MPlayer-users] mplayer audio and OS audio

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Wed May 16 18:40:43 CEST 2007

On Wednesday, 16 May 2007 at 16:16, DNA Studios s.r.l. wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski ha scritto:
> > On Tuesday, 15 May 2007 at 13:47, DNA Studios s.r.l. wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> I noticed mplayer audio is linked to OS (in my case is ubuntu) audio;
> >> when I mute or decrease the volume on mplayer the same thing occurr in
> >> my OS....I would want to listen my music while I see a movie (muting
> >> audio), but not is possible.
> >>
> >> Is a bug or I wrong in any way?
> >>

> > You can use software volume control. Check MPlayer documentation/manpage.
> >
> Yes, I know, however this is not correct, I just reported a bug.

Of course it is correct. There's no bug here. MPlayer can either use
hardware volume control (which affects all apps) or software volume
control (which affects MPlayer only).

Please refrain from submitting bogus bugreports.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://mplayerhq.hu http://rpm.livna.org