[MPlayer-users] MediaControl via Mplayer

Anmol Ranka Anmol_Ranka at mindtree.com
Wed May 16 08:31:41 CEST 2007

Hi All,

Thanks Carl for the reply. I could control Mplayer through console by
following the steps mentioned in the url
<http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/DOCS/tech/slave.txt?view=markup>.

I have few more doubts regarding how to achieve the same programmatically:

1) Through my program can I use the API 'system' to send command to Mplayer.
Ex -- If I want to pause the currently running movie , can I use
system(pause).

2) Are the commands like 'get_file_name', 'get_meta_album', 'volume', 'mute'
etc are API exposed by some library? If yes, what is the name of that library
and where can I found the detailed documentation regarding the usage of these
API's

Thanks

Please ignore the "DISCLAIMER" attached with this mail. Sorry for it but it
is beyond my control.

Regards,
Anmol

Message: 9