[MPlayer-users] no video but only sound in running SOME .rm files

Jillian Marie Torres jillian_spectator at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 17:16:06 CEST 2007

at first i downloaded essential-20061022.tar.bz2, extracted it to
/usr/lib/codecs and made a symbolic link (as what Dominik suggested last
night) by typing "ln -s essential-20061022/usr/lib/codecs" in the terminal.
after that, i tried playing the my .rm files that doesn't produce video,
only sound. but there was no change, my problem still persisted.

now, you told me that all-20061022.tar.bz2 is the correct file to download.
so i downloaded it and did the same thing as the essential-20061022 codec.
the symbolic link now is changed to "ln -s all-20061022/usr/lib/codecs" (i
just guessed this process, however, the changing from 'essential' to 'all').
after that, when i played the .rm files, there was no change as well.

by the way, all .rm files can be played. others can both produce audio and
video, however, others only produce sound, and it returns the error code
"cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x30345652".

that's basically it.
i forgot to tell you that before i reinstalled ubuntu 6.06, i was able to
play all the .rm files.