[MPlayer-users] IYUV fourcc

Larry Reznick lreznick at idistream.com
Mon May 14 17:13:21 CEST 2007

Larry Reznick wrote:
> Compn wrote:
>
>> Larry Reznick <lreznick <at> idistream.com> writes:
>>

>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I've run into a problem with mplayer trying to play clips encoded with
>>> IYUV, uncompressed. According to fourcc.org, the IYUV designation is a
>>>

>> can you upload a small sample ,1mb to ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming
>> or anywhere easiest for you? if you cant cut the file, just cancel upload after
>> a minute or so.
>>
>> -compn
>>

> Thanks for replying!
>
> I tried uploading a 3 MB clip. This was sufficient to show the IYUV
> complaint. But, the upload wouldn't complete. I got an error message
> from the FTP server: "553 Could not create file."
>
> --Larry

Hello again.

I haven't heard from anybody since last week about the failure
attempting to upload to the FTP site. When I cd'd to the
MPlayer/incoming subdir and then tried to ls, I got a "226 Transfer done
(but failed to open directory)." This makes sense because there is no
read permission for others on the dir. But, there was write permission,
so I tried to put the 3 MB sample file. But, that still fails with the
"553 Could not create file." Any alternate ideas on how I can get the
sample file to you?

--Larry