[MPlayer-users] Re. Error compiling SVN Revision: 23304

Richard (MQ) mplayer at 16hd.freeserve.co.uk
Sun May 13 17:37:49 CEST 2007

> mplayer-users-request at mplayerhq.hu wrote:
>
>> From: "Jeremy Hansen" <jebrhansen at gmail.com>
>> Subject: [MPlayer-users] Error compiling SVN Revision: 23304
>
>> I had tried a couple of weeks ago to compile a newer version and ran
>> into an error. Rather than posting it, I forgot about it, and decided
>> to redo it tonight. Well I ran an svn update but then decided to just
>> delete the directory and start fresh so I did an svn checkout. But my
>> make still errors out.
>
> I can confirm this.  Also running Slack 11.  The SVN number in the
> Subject is wrong.  It is the ffmpeg revision number.  The mplayer
> revision I'm working with is  9014.

I can also confirm the exact same build failure, on two different
machines with rather different distributions:

1) OpenSuSE 10.2 (kernel 2.6.18.8, AMD 3200 running as 32 bit)
2) Slackware 11.0 (kernel 2.4.33.3, AMD 2600 32 bit)

I'd dispute the second poster's comment re. version though:

cat mplayer/version.h
> #define VERSION "dev-SVN-r23304-4.1.2"
> #define MP_TITLE "MPlayer dev-SVN-r23304-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team"

Hope this is of use for fixing it - if for no other reason than I'm
hoping to get SVN to build before reporting an unrelated bug :-(

Cheers
--
Richard (MQ)