[MPlayer-users] Error compiling SVN Revision: 23304

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun May 13 14:49:22 CEST 2007

Jeremy Hansen wrote:

> Thats what I thought, but I wasn't going to bring it up, just in case
> I was wrong.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix the make error? If you need anything else
> provided, please ask.

Well, for one thing, it would be polite if you would quote.
(Interleaved, please - definitely not top-posting.)

Yesterday, in FFmpeg revision 9010, the build system was modified to
allow bitstream filters to be compiled conditionally instead of "all of
them or none". MPlayer's build system has not yet been modified to allow
for this, and so some symbols which are needed by FFmpeg are not
available when building MPlayer.

For the moment, the only solution I know of is to revert the libav*
directories to a version earlier than that; because of limitations to
Subversion, this probably has to be done by hand (i.e., 'cd libavcodec/
&& svn update -r9009') for each directory individually. Downloading
source tarballs from earlier dates would also work.

Once the MPlayer build system maintainers (or, perhaps, the person who
modified the FFmpeg build system) make the necessary changes to MPlayer,
compilation should work again.

--
       The Wanderer hopes he hasn't missed yet something *else*

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.