[MPlayer-users] encoding an xvid for viewing on TV

Andrew Henry adhenry at bredband.net
Sat May 12 08:16:52 CEST 2007

Ivo wrote:
> Use DX50 or DIVX.
>
> And use a rewritable ;)
>
> --Ivo

http://www.jhepple.com/codecs/fourcc_header.htm

There is no such thing as DX50 and DIVX did not work.  This assumes that
the problem is that my DVD player cannot recognise the fourcc code, but
as I already said, it does play the file when I reduce the -xy
resolution, so obviously, the fourcc code does not matter in my case, as
changing -xy should not change the fourcc code.

I am pretty certain it is because of the resolution, and as I always
download latest stargate.atlantis bittorrents that are widescreen, at
good resolution, and play fine on both my PC and DVD player, I must
assume that this is possible.

What other values of -xy can I use?  I tried -xy 720 (as in 720x576) but
this did not work either.

--
GnuPG Key ID: ECB18ABA
Fingerprint:  FDF3 91FC F5BC 1164 E217  315E 337E 219B ECB1 8ABA