[MPlayer-users] A/V Synchronization

Richard Bromley rbromley256 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 03:34:51 CEST 2007

Hi. I'm trying to understand the -autosync and -mc options, and
MPlayer's A/V sync algorithm in general. I have read the man page, but
it does not explain the -autosync and -mc options very well, in my
opinion. As I have come to believe, based on what the man page says,
-autosync controls the frequency (or interval, to be more precise) of
A/V corrections, and -mc specifies the maximum magnitude of those
corrections. Am I correct in how I understand these two options?
Thanks for your time.