[MPlayer-users] OSD menu questions

Benny Pfitzner pfitzner-lug at gmx.net
Mon May 7 15:45:52 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have been a user of xine for a couple of years now but I switched over to mplayer.
The only thing that I can't get to work the way I want to is the OSD.
In xine when I hit Ctrl + i I get a little OSD menu showing me things like what codec the video I'm watching is coded and so on.
I found the menu.conf example file and the <Properties> window is even better than the one in xine.
There is only one question:
How do I set it up that with the press os a bottom the <Properties> screen will come up and disappear after x Seconds.
Is there a way to do that?
What docs can I read? I don't really get the xml-like language of the file.

P.S.
Sorry for my fractured English.

Thank

Ben Pfitzner