[MPlayer-users] mencoder stops in the middle of input file

Yonatan Krauss yonatan_krauss at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 22:12:55 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am encoding some VOB files to mpeg4 with mencoder. On some files mencoder stops in the middle of the file, and doesn't encode all the way to the end. There is no error message and encoding seems to end normally. It also does not seem to depend on any encoding parameters.

I believe this is a problem in the vob files themselves - when I play them on vlc media player they play
allright but show strange uncontinuous times. Is there anyway to fix
the vob time problem, or to somehow convince mencoder to encoder the whole vob file? The vob files are ripped from movie DVD's by DVDecrypt.

Thanks, Yonatan