[MPlayer-users] Re: SVN Compilation in Win XP: Configure is missing???

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Sat Mar 31 21:23:41 CEST 2007

John Brown wrote:

> Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:59:21 -0400
> From: "John Brown" <johnbrown105 at hotmail.com>
> Subject: RE: [MPlayer-users] SVN Compilation in Win XP: Configure is
> missing???
> To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
>
> See the Windows section in the MPlayer documentation where it describes
> how
> to build MPlayer using Cygwin or Mingw. You can use one or the other to
> create a Unix-like environment on Windows, in which configure scripts will
> run.

Dear John,

I'm sorry, but I can't find a complete instruction... The doc I've found
("ports.xml") only suggests to join to the Cygwin mailing list... not so
quick way to get instructions... I've copied cygwin installation from
another computer in order to do not download it over the Internet. Now I'm
trying to run:

sh ./configure

from the MPlayer source directory, but it is terminated with some errors,
starting from line #51:

./configure: line 51: $'\r': command not found

the same errors are shown in lines #55 and 58...  It looks like sh.exe does
not like empty lines???
OK, I've inserted # as the first symbol... Now it says a strange line:

': not a valid identifierort: LC_ALL
./configure: line 61: syntax error near unexpected token `$'{\r'

unfortunately sh.exe makes output to stderr which I don't know how to
redirect to a file... so I can't attach the full listing to this email.

Please help me to find a good instruction about how to startup!

Thanks!