[MPlayer-users] vobsub and colors

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Mar 31 19:12:27 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 03:57:56PM +0200, Bayrouni wrote:
> Well, may be I am doing (I did) something really wrong and bad.
>
> I copied subtitles from title.vob:
>
>  mencoder title.vob -ovc copy||-noframe -oac copy||-nosound  -o
> /dev/null   -vobsubout title -vobsuboutindex 0 -vobsuboutid fr|en|sp or
> whatever.
>
> So changing some options like -ovc copy to -noframe and so on has no
> effect on title.idex.
>
> ls -l title.*
> -rw-r--r-- 1 bayrouni users  44K mar 31 15:23 batman.idx
> -rw-r--r-- 1 bayrouni users  2,7M mar 31 15:23 batman.sub

The palette is in the .ifo file, which you are missing - which probably
is also the reason why the subtitles are black in the first place, I've
never seen anyone using black subtitles even if it is possible.
If the .vob is all you have you'd have to create a .ifo yourself, the
info needed for that is not in the vob.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger