[MPlayer-users] convert bmp to avi

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Mon Mar 26 19:40:15 CEST 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 01:23:26AM +0800, Adrian Boeing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to convert a sequence of bmp files into an AVI, preferably divx.
>
> At the moment I'm just trying to make an mpeg1 out of them using this:
> mencoder mf://frame*.bmp -mf w=800:h=600:fps=25:type=bmp -ovc lavc
> -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video -oac copy -o output.avi

>From the doc:
   -mf <option1:option2:...>
          Used when decoding from multiple PNG or JPEG files.

          Available options are:

             w=<value>
                  input file width (default: autodetect)
             h=<value>
                  input file height (default: autodetect)
             fps=<value>
                  output fps (default: 25)
             type=<value>
                  input file type (available: jpeg, png, tga, sgi)

bmp is not mentioned so I would assume it's not supported.

> However I get this error message:
> MF file format detected.
> [mf] search expr: frame*.bmp
> [mf] number of files: 13 (52)
> [demux_mf] unknown input file type.
> ============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported

mencoder is telling you the same thing.

> === If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the
> author! ===
> Cannot open demuxer.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Would anyone be able to tell me what the
> correct command line should be?

Convert the picture to a supported format and mencoder will work.

Ciao
Giacomo