[MPlayer-users] Full summary of issues and request for help.

Alexander Wehr plasmacutter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 05:14:40 CEST 2007

Ok.. i just spent all day messing around with mplayer svn builds.

for some reason the build perfectly fine on my intel mac but on my
ppc mac the build process fails with this message:

cc -o mplayer mplayer.o m_property.o mp_msg.o mixer.o parser-mpcmd.o
subopt-helper.o command.o asxparser.o codec-cfg.o cpudetect.o edl.o
find_sub.o m_config.o m_option.o m_struct.o mpcommon.o parser-cfg.o
playtree.o playtreeparser.o spudec.o sub_cc.o subreader.o vobsub.o
unrarlib.o libvo/libvo.a libao2/libao2.a input/libinput.a libmpcodecs/
libmpcodecs.a libaf/libaf.a libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a stream/stream.a
libswscale/libswscale.a libvo/libosd.a libavformat/libavformat.a
libavcodec/libavcodec.a libavutil/libavutil.a libpostproc/
libpostproc.a mp3lib/libmp3.a liba52/liba52.a libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a
libfaad2/libfaad2.a tremor/libvorbisidec.a dvdread/libdvdread.a
libdvdcss/libdvdcss.a libass/libass.a osdep/libosdep.a -lXext -lX11 -
lXv -lXinerama -lXxf86vm -framework OpenAL -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -L/usr/
local/lib  -liconv -lncurses -framework Carbon -framework QuickTime -
framework CoreAudio -framework AudioUnit -framework AudioToolbox -
framework Cocoa -framework QuartzCore -framework OpenGL -framework
IOKit -L/opt/local/lib -lfreetype -lz -lfontconfig  -lz     -lm
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_FT_Glyph_Stroke
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

additionally, even after the successful builds on my intel mac, i end
up with absolutely no OSD/subtitles at all.
i'll push keys like b, j, and o, and not get any visual response at
all, and the -sid command does not work either.

is there a guru in the house?

i've been compiling mplayer for myself regularly for the past couple
years, but in this case, truth be told, im about at the end of my
rope.  I'd revert but i can't because the files were overwritten.

other things i've tried:
browsing back through earlier svns attempting to build a stable
version.  stability usually wasnt an issue, but the things didnt have
subtitles/osd either.