[MPlayer-users] Update: New PPC X.4.9 compiling problems

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 01:09:30 CET 2007

Hi,

On 3/25/07, Alexander Wehr <plasmacutter at gmail.com> wrote:
> UPDATE.. it turns out i answered my own questions with the intel
> machine.. but this leaves me with additional problems with my PPC
> machine (g5) running the same OS which i most definitely cannot crack.
>
> the problem quoted below this body was solved with the two flags :
> --disable-freetype --disable-fontconfig
> after applying these flags mplayer compiled and ran smoothly on my
> intel macbook.
>
> unfortunately, however, these flags did not result in successful
> compilation on my g5 tower!
>
> here's the NEW console output from the g5, (linked in via wiki) to
> save space on the mailing list:
>
> http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/3723

Looks like a configure bug to me. If you disable fontconfig, as far as
I know, ASS support should be disabled too.

Try to upgrade/install fontconfig and freetype though macports and you
should be fine.

> i tried making a text file out of the enabled and disabled lines from
> both configs and diff-ing them to find a possible extra that would be
> the culprit, but no luck.. they both have the exact same (user
> visible) config! (except the one that successfully compiled on intel
> actually has usable win32dll options)
>
> i've tried --disable-gl, as that's helped with similar PPC error
> flags before, but no luck.
> anyway..

Shouldn't be necessary. It works on other's machines, at least ppl
with ATI cards. I don't have GL dev headers, so on my machine
configure doesn't try to activate GL.

> Anyone know how to fix this issue? what flags i should be using with
> my poor g5?

No problem here ;-)

> For reference to my previous problem:
>
>  >So.. i've been compiling from source every 3 months or so for the
>  >past year and a half, and while i always ran into problems i seem to
>  >have been able to figure out what to disable.  in this case however
>  >i'm having some trouble, and looking for advice.
>
>  >here is the final compiler argument and error output from my
> console (linked below)
>
> http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/3724

I have absolutely no problem at all was a simple ./configure && make
here on OSX/G5/10.4.9

Here are the packets I have installed through macports:
sudo port installed
  autoconf @2.60_0 (active)
  automake @1.9.6_0 (active)
  expat @2.0.0_1 (active)
  fontconfig @2.3.2_1+macosx
  fontconfig @2.3.2_2+macosx (active)
  freetype @2.1.10_1 (active)
  gettext @0.15_0 (active)
  libiconv @1.11_0+darwin_8 (active)
  libogg @1.1.3_0 (active)
  libsdl @1.2.10_0+darwin_8
  libsdl @1.2.11_0+darwin_8 (active)
  libtool @1.5.22_0 (active)
  libvorbis @1.1.2_0 (active)
  mpeg4ip @1.5.0.1_0 (active)
  mutt @1.4.2.2_0+imap+pop+ssl (active)
  normalize @0.7.6_2 (active)
  ogmtools @1.5_0 (active)
  openssl @0.9.8d_0+darwin_8 (active)
  perl5.8 @5.8.8_0+darwin_8 (active)
  pkgconfig @0.20_0
  pkgconfig @0.21_0 (active)
  python24 @2.4.3_1+darwin_8 (active)
  vorbis-tools @1.1.1_0 (active)
  wget @1.10.2_0+darwin_8 (active)
  zlib @1.2.3_0 (active)

Off course, some of them are irrelevent to MPlayer configuration, I
just wanted to give a full answer ;-)

Guillaume