[MPlayer-users] streaming audio on poor connections

Hans du Plooy koffiejunkielistlurker at koffiejunkie.za.net
Sat Mar 24 00:39:42 CET 2007

Hi guys,

I'm wondering, I'm listening to some radio streams over the internet.
Unfortunately, I'm quite far from my nearest wireless access point, and
I'm getting a fair bit of packet loss.  Mostly around 10-15% but it
varies.  Sometimes there are short moments of up to 50% packet loss.

How can I get mplayer to not quit if the packet loss gets too high but
just rather give me silence/white-noise/whatever and keep the stream
going?

Thanks
Hans