[MPlayer-users][Solved] mplayer journal.rm -> gives no result

Baron Christophe christop_baron at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 22 20:48:30 CET 2007

--- "info at danielerossi.net" <info at danielerossi.net> a écrit :

> *various about seeking and flash conversion:*
>
> Baron Christophe wrote:
> > You mean with ".rm" files, or whatever.
> > For me, for "some" files, eg. those fetched from youtube,
> > but also others, even after a conversion, eg., mencode -oac mp3lame
> > -ovc lavc input.flv -o output.avi, I can't seek through, but
> > I can if I play it with option -idx. However, for the example
> > "above", I can seek through, even before conversion.
> > (out of topic) These flv videos can be very poor one the
> informations
> > they provide about themselves. And to convert them I have to
> > indicate the number of "fps" of the source file in order to have
> > the sound and the image synchronized. And one these videos, it
> > (mencoder)
> > does not
> > built an index automaticaly for them (it could probably
> > be fixed, but I don't yet know how).
> > (I do not touch the thing you mentioned earlier).
> >

> I guess that probably mplayer in some version with -idx otion let you
>
> seek .rm files and with some other does not.
> With my version 1.0rc1-3.4.2 (on winxp) it does not.
>
> Now about flash video:
>
> *getting info*: I use now media info
> "http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en", gpl witch gives you a good
> information.
> for some other file formats is a nice tool gspot (on windows).
> For some desperate case I play them in mplayer and I read the output
> in
> the console (you might use -v option)
>
> *encode them*:
> (example at 640x480, fps 15 or 30)
>
> using mencoder:
> mencoder yourfile.any -ofps 15 -o yourfile.flv -of lavf -lavfopts
> i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -nosound -ovc
> lavc
> -lavcopts

vcodec=flv:vbitrate=1000:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3:predia=2:dia=2:vmax_b_frames=0:vb_strategy=1:precmp=2:cmp=2:subcmp=2:preme=2:qns=2

> -vop scale=640:480

This is a pretty command line. I did already saw one using "-ofs 15"
for .flv files. But as far as I can remenber it did not
work for me.
Instead I did:
mencoder -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -fps 22.5 input.flv -o output.avi
Which worked fine.
It was for the video of youtube (I am not advertizing),
that had the problem of having the image too fast during playing
compared to sound, and hence diference between image and sound
that could not be solved by -delay at playing.
I is not necessary with videos on Google, stil not advertizing,
which are at 29 frame per second, and which are handeled
by mencoder whitout me having to give precision.
I keep "not too far" your command lines, but it will take a little
of time before I can understand them, even a little.
(For the command line I gave, I still have a delay that have to be
corredted at play time, of a couple of 1/10th of second,
that I can't predict, and that differs from one
file to another.
Probably it is handeled by your command line
that I promise I will try to read.

All these option are still chinese for me, I now don't understand
at all how "frames" and "codec" and so one are working.
It seems very technic and seems to differs from one
code to another.

It is by small examples that I learn and only
this way (for this topic)...

The solution you gave me satisfied me much: this way I can listen
to the news at speed 1.5 :)
Ch.