[MPlayer-users] converting .rm video stream to .ogg

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Thu Mar 22 17:16:47 CET 2007

Marek Mahut wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>ogg is by far the most insane mux format ever conceived,
>>thus no conscious coder wants to permit to give birth to an abomination
>>like that
>>

>Yeah, that explain everything. Thank you for your time, I'm sure that
>this professional definition of ogg took a lot of your brain time.
>
>Cheers,
>
>/M.

to make a long story short: with ogg files you can't make _anything_
unless you know well the inner working of the audio, video and subtitle
streams contained
therein; this is exactly the opposite approach that should be followed when
designing a container because every single codec type requires special
handling;
if you want to know how nice is handling an ogg file read
libmpdemux/demux_ogg.c,
but be warned that it drives people insane

 Sponsor:
 Vuoi diventare un vero esperto sul Controllo di Gestione? Scopri come nella tua azienda puoi migliorare gli utili e ridurre le spese
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6197&d=22-3