[MPlayer-users] Some issues using MPlayer dev-SVN-r22485

Victor Farias nk21507 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 18:38:28 CET 2007

Hi,

After being without internet connection for more than a month, I was able to
compile and test a recent mplayer-svn-checkout (2007-03-08) and I found the
following problems:

1) -really-quiet does not work correctly under Windows when that command is
used in the "config" file (it will work as expected if the command is used
in CMD).

This is displayed at the console when the -really-quiet command is used in
the "config" file:

MPlayer dev-SVN-r22485-3.4.5 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ (Family: 15, Model: 31, Stepping: 0)
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNowExt: 1 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowExt

2) There is an issue when playing WavPack files since ffmpeg-svn-r7518. This
problem is explained in the file "click-sound.txt" that I uploaded to
MPlayer's FTP some time ago. An updated report about the said problem is
attached to this message.

Note: This issue can be reproduced playing (almost) any WavPack file. It is
not limited to a particular file.

... Not problems, but some comments:

a) I was checking the logs from ffmpeg-cvslog and I noticed that kostya
added support for DT$. I did some tests using MPlayer (I modified the
"codecs.conf" file) and the DCA support is working really nice.

Could be possible to add DCA support from ffmpeg to MPlayer?

My MPlayer binary without libdts is smaller ;)

b) According to the documents, you cannot use -vo gl:scaled-osd and -ass at
the same time (I think this is because some text "corruption" may happen
under some circunstances). However, I discovered that the said text
"corruption" does not occur when using -vf ass.

I do not know if that option could decrease performance, but that
information could be useful to you.

c) It seems that after Reimar's "subtitle code cleanup" patches, the
negative delay when displaying subtitles while using -ao dsound was fixed. I
did some tests and the behavior is almost the same that when using -ao
win32. Thanks for the fix ;)

I compiled MPlayer under a MinGW/MSYS environment.

My system: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ S939, 512MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE
(ForceWare 81.98), Realtek AC'97 Audio (A3.97), Windows XP Professional SP2.

I hope you can understand this report.

Thanks for your great work!!!

Bye.

* Sorry for my poor english.