[MPlayer-users] OSX PPC binary codec pack availability?

Ásmundur í Sandagerði asmundur at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 22:00:45 CET 2007

I've a very old mac, 350mhz G4, and noticed that mplayer runs videos
MUCH better than vlc 0.82/latest nightly (fewer dropped frames) but it
does not support the same amount of codecs for ppc.

The newest mplayer osx ppc binary codec package is from 2004 (Mac OS X
PPC 20041107 ) and only contains rv9 apparently, the osx x86 package
on the other hand looks to be up-to-date (Mac OS X x86 20060611).

Is there any way to get the newest codec package for osx ppc? or at
least wmv and other often requited decoders.

(I've googled around and searched the MLs, but not even one single
relevant hit :-/ ? )

Thanks
Ásmundur