[MPlayer-users] Live365 stream problems

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Mar 17 15:19:19 CET 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having issues in trying to play a live365.com mp3 stream. About
> every 5 minutes it stuttters (plays the same like 1/2sec of sound
> over and over) for about 2-4 seconds, and then goes back to normal.
>
> on my machine runing "MPlayer 1.0rc1-4.1.2-DFSG-free" eventually it
> just does this stuttering indefinitely and I have to restart mplayer,
> on my machine running "MPlayer 2:0.99+1.0pre8-0ubuntu8" it does the
> same, except instead of stuttering indefinitely it will just go
> silent and I have to restart mplayer.

Both of these are A) third-party packaged versions, which may well have
received modifications by the third party (the "DFSG free" one in
particular) and so are not supported here, and B) out of date. 1.0pre8
was released last June, and 1.0rc1 was released in October. There is no
more recent release, but there has been a LOT of development in the
meantime; the recommended practice is to run the SVN version, preferably
one which you compiled yourself.

> the stream url is:
> http://www.live365.com/play/293353?LID=532-usa&SaneID=24.195.3.82-1050037704630&VisitCount=3

This has played - without any problems as far as I've noticed - for the
past hour and more on my system, using SVN revision 22623.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.