[MPlayer-users] conversion to kino's format

Daniel Barna daniel.barna at cern.ch
Thu Mar 15 00:26:46 CET 2007

Hi,

I have tried to do the same conversion what kino does when importing
non-DV videos (convert orig.avi --> final.dv)

mencoder -oac pcm -ovc lavc -lavcopts vstrict=-2:vcodec=ffv1:autoaspect \
  -xy 720 -zoom -vf scale,expand=720:540,dsize=4:3 $extraopts -o tmp.avi \
   orig.avi

ffmpeg -threads 2 -i tmp.avi -s 720x576 -r pal -aspect 4:3
  -ac 2 -ar 48000 -pix_fmt yuv420p -y final.dv

The intermediate file 'tmp.avi' is all right, it can be played with
gmplayer. However, for some input files, final.dv is broken. ffmpeg
reports the following errors:

Error while decoding stream #0.0
pixel format conversion not handled

(The problem is most probably not in any typo in the above command lines,
because the importing into kino also fails)

For some other files it works nicely.

Does anybody have idea, what might be wrong? I am an absolute end-user. I
am using the versions shipped with ubuntu 6.10
ffmpeg: 3:0.cvs20060823-3.1ubuntu1
mencoder: 2:0.99+1.0pre8-0ubuntu8

Thank you
Daniel